Thursday, January 19, 2012

Introducing "The Tornado Chronicles"


I'm pleased to introduce what will become a regular feature here on the blog - "The Tornado Chronicles". My intent is to develop this series into a living encyclopedia covering tornado events all across the U.S. each year. 

My goal will be to post a chronicle within 24 hours of a given tornado event, however this deadline may need to be extended during the most active time of the year.  Once a chronicle entry is posted, that may not be the end of the story.  I'll update posts as needed throughout the year as additional information becomes available on a given event.

Each tornado chronicle will include detailed track and intensity information from official National Weather Service surveys as well as radar data, photos and/or videos of the tornadoes and/or damage as available in each situation.  I'll also include any relevant commentary where appropriate.

My goal is to document every tornado of EF-2 intensity or higher.  I may also chronicle EF-0 and/or EF-1 tornadoes that have a significant impact on a heavily populated area.

I hope that you will enjoy the series!  If you live in an area that is affected by a tornado this year, please feel free to e-mail me any photos, video or other information that you'd like to share on the event.  Full credit will be given, so please include your name and location when you send the information.


If you enjoy reading 'The Original Weather Blog', please be sure to "like" our facebook page.

You can also follow us on twitter!