Thursday, December 15, 2011

A New Addition to the 'Original Weather Blog' Family...



I recently had the honor of having my middle child's teacher ask me to talk about severe weather safety to the 2nd grade classes at his school.  I'll be doing this in the early part of January.


I used to do this sort of thing all of the time - but that was about 15 years ago, and I don't know that I've ever spoken to a group this young before (most of the elementary school classes that I spoke to back in the day were at the 3rd or 4th grade level).  


So, I've been spending a lot of time thinking about what to talk about, and how to talk about it.  As a result, it has occurred to me that there really aren't a lot of sources out there for elementary school kids to get weather information in a way that they can understand.  Perhaps even more importantly, I think that a lot of times it's the kids teaching their parents how to behave in certain situations - including when it comes to severe weather.


With all of this in mind, I've decided to launch another blog, initially called "The Original Weather Blog - For Kids!"  I literally put this blog up last night, and have not completely decided how to lay it out, nor what type of content to put on it.  Please take a look at the initial stages of the blog on the link above and feel free to comment on what you'd like to see there (especially if you're a parent of elementary school aged children).  


I will be updating the layout, format and content of the blog over the coming days, and hope to make it into something to be proud of very soon...




If you enjoy reading 'The Original Weather Blog', please be sure to "like" our facebook page!

No comments: