Thursday, June 2, 2011

Is it a "Bust" or Isn't It?

Well, we've turned around and left the Weather Channel crew near Gettysburg, SD.  Not because we don't expect anything to happen in northcentral South Dakota today (because we do), but because it now appears that it won't happen until after dark.  That, and the fact that one of the members of our group has a plane to catch in the morning (and we've got about a 6.5 hour drive to get him there), so we've decided to pull away.


I don't know whether to call today a "busted" chase or not.  I guess it's a semi-bust because we didn't get to see anything...but I look forward to taking a peek at the radar later this evening to see what developed (and keeping my fingers crossed that nothing too interesting happens right over the spot I was just standing in!)


I have several other stories to share, as well as photos and video, but with the spotty data service we've had the past 2 days, it's been difficult to post.  I'll be working on this during the drive this evening and tomorrow...


No comments: