Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Greg Hardin - May You Rest In Peace


Greg Hardin, veteran Oklahoma & Texas newsman, passed away in Austin, TX early this morning from complications of pneumonia.  He was 60 years old.  

I only met Greg last year, but we hit it right off.  I feel like I've known him for many years, and considered him a good friend.  He served as reporter, editor and/or publisher of many newspapers in Oklahoma and Texas, most recently MyTexasNews.com (which is now, sadly, being taken offline due to his passing).

Greg also served our country with honor during the Vietnam War.

Greg was also an avid fan of the weather.  Don Woods and his trademark "Gusty" were a favorite of Greg's from his early days in Oklahoma.

Greg, you will be missed.  I pray that you are now covering the news in a place where it's always "good news".

Greg requested early on that in lieu of flowers, a donation be made in his name to the University of Tulsa School of Journalism.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rest in Peace Greg!Rob you are such a great friend, father and husband!

Anonymous said...

I'm kaitie Hardin, Greg's daughter. This was very nice and comforting to see. Thank you for postin this blog about my dad. RIP daddy.

Rob White said...

Kaitie, thank you very much, it was my pleasure. Your dad had many friends in this area and we're all very sad to see him go.

Please let me know if we can do anything for you down this way. You can access my e-mail under the "my complete profile" link if you prefer. Our thoughts & prayers are with you and your family. Rob

Anonymous said...

Greg was a good man. Always made me laugh. Goodbye, buddy.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know this man but I surely enjoyed his news articles on his website. He will be hard to replace. I wish the best for his family. Thank you, sir, for your service.

Anonymous said...

This is daniel one of gregs hardest workers ever . we miss you dearly cant believe your gone rip boss man.